This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1, Lesson 3 lesson plan also includes:
Choose your words wisely. Scholars take a close look at word choice in an excerpt from The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Learners work in pairs and groups to discuss how the author's choice of words creates a deeper connection between the reader and the text. Readers then complete a Surfacing Issues Tool and respond to a quick write prompt.
- Ask a cancer survivor to speak to the class
- Lesson three of 15 in the series Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1
- Complete lessons in order
- Discusses the suffering associated with cancer, which may be sensitive to some
- Gives correct answers and responses
- Includes a lesson outline with percentage of time for each activity