This Go Public: Osteoporosis Brochure activity & project also includes:
Osteoporosis and family — notice the connection between the two. Pairs develop a brochure to educate the public about osteoporosis in the last portion of the six-part series. The teams draw on the information learned throughout the unit to share with a family member of an osteoporosis patient.
- Conduct a review with the class on the material learned throughout the lessons and activities in the unit
- Invite members of the public to listen to the final presentations
- Class members need access to computers with a brochure template to create a finished product
- Teachers can use the rubric to assess any type of brochure
- The introduction reminds the class that the brochure must be written in a manner that the public understands