This Global Ocean Currents instructional video also includes:
What forces drive the ocean's currents? Science scholars observe global ocean currents at different depths to explore their characteristics and patterns. Part of PBS's Weather and Climate series, the resource includes teaching strategies, reading passages, and discussion questions.
- Pause the video at key points and ask individuals to describe what they see to ensure understanding
- Have pupils note the patterns that emerge at different ocean depths
- Consider reviewing the handout as a class, as it contains quite a bit of information for learners to digest
- The resource provides a way to visualize phenomena that are on too large a scale to observe easily
- Students gain experience in making observations, analyzing patterns, and creating evidence-based claims