This Give Women the Vote? Analyzing Suffrage Propaganda lesson plan also includes:
Propaganda is often used to shape public opinion. Scholars investigate the persuasive techniques used by the pro- and anti-suffrage movements. Groups compare how these devices were used during the suffrage movement with how the same techniques are used today. Class members then select an artifact from an interactive timeline, analyze the devices used, and share their findings with others.
- Have groups research current arguments for and against changing voting rights
- Requires copies of the "Give Women the Vote?" and the "Persuasion Techniques" worksheets, one per participant
- A free account is required to view the "Women's Suffrage Movement Interactive Map"
- Class members require devices with internet connections to view the artifacts
- Includes discussion questions and an extension activity