This Gettysburg Address assessment also includes:
Looking for an assessment that reveals how well readers understand complex text? Check out an assessment module based on "The Gettysburg Address." Pupils are asked to craft an essay that demonstrates their understanding not only of the speech itself, but also of the tone, the figurative language, and rhetorical devices Lincoln employs to support his purpose in the speech.
- Use the resource as a guided practice opportunity to model how to approach such a formative assessment, as a pre-assessment to identify the need for targeted instruction, or as a formative assessment
- Designed to directly assess Common Core State Standards for ninth graders
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The Word document is editable permitting customization
- Assessment exemplars are based directly on Common Core standards for the targeted grades
- The three-part plan is carefully scaffolded and models how to approach such an assessment