This Getting Caught in the Web lesson plan also includes:
When it comes to teamwork, it's best not to drop the ball. Pupils stand in a circle, tossing around a ball of yarn to one another to create a web. Next, they use teamwork skills to keep a soccer ball from falling off the web before writing a reflection about the activity.
- Promote a whole-class discussion by inviting individuals to share their written reflections about the activity
- First lesson from a consecutive three-part TEAMS unit
- Activity requires a large ball of yarn and a soccer or similar-sized ball
- Provides grade-level standards and performance goals
- Encourages movement and collaboration to keep students engaged