Soldiers and uniforms go hand in hand. But what made German uniforms unique during World War I? Use a video to teach pupils the details of specific pieces of clothing and their function in the German army.
4 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- After watching the video, ask scholars to draw their own military German uniforms and describe the uses of the different materials, such as Pickelhaube helmets
- Conduct a class discussion after the video about Germany's military role in World War I
- The video is part of a Technology and Warfare in World War I series
- Includes interesting facts and background leading up to who made up the military and the German government's actions in drafting soldiers
- Showcases a plethora of visual examples while the speaker explains the uniforms, including many photographs from the time period