This George vs. George lesson plan also includes:
It's George versus George in the battle for the American colonies. An interesting activity compares the leadership of George Washington and King George III during the American Revolution. Scholars read text, compare portraits, and participate in group discussion to understand the two leaders.
- Have pupils draw images that represent King George III and George Washington
- Create a diagram to highlight the similarities and differences between the leaders
- Internet access is needed for the virtual tour
- Activity is part of the series Through Their Eyes: Major Causes and Events of the American Revolution Teacher Resource Guide
- Resource uses primary sources to enhance learning
- The virtual tour helps to engage learners in the activity