While Mexico often gets bad press for its drug cartels, the video is a limited version of the multi-faceted country. It's ranked by the UN as one of the hardest-working countries in the world based on hours and is home to bountiful biodiversity. It's history is reflected in its linguistic patterns, as the official languages include Spanish and dozens of indigenous languages. A video resource profiles America's neighbor and the features that make it so unique.
- Offer the video as an extension activity on modern Mexico after studying ancient Meso America
- Jokes about drinking and vomit, and discussion about cartels, may make this episode inappropriate for some
- Installment 114 of the extensive series called Countries A-Z
- Guest host is from Mexico, allowing for an authentic voice to talk about the country
- Video doesn't shy away from drug cartel controversies, but showcases other aspects of country long neglected in popular media
- Video ad interrupts the script