Only three percent of Algeria's land is arable, and it's not uncommon to see signs in three different languages: Berber, French, and Arabic. The complicated African nation's history and geography go back thousands of years, and it has survived various national movements and the colonization of the French. A video geographical profile explores and expertly describes the complex Maghreb nation.
- Show the video to discuss the influence of colonialism in Africa
- Part three of the Countries A-Z video series
- Use of the phrase friend zone may make the video inappropriate for some settings
- Graphics and maps illustrate difficult concepts
- Colorful photographs intrigue viewers
- Video sometimes gets blurry