A trivia-style virtual road trip in which the player's car is moved from state to state as questions are correctly answered. Ideally, a player would learn about different states by reading the simple brochures available in the Visitor Center before visiting the state to answer the questions. Incentives are offered for completing regions or making special deliveries.
- Up to three players can progress through this trivia-type game. Cars travel from state to state by correctly answering three questions in each state
- Cash is earned for each correct answer and can be used to paint cars or purchase a different vehicle
- Keep an eye on the fuel gauge! Fuel must periodically be replenished by answering questions about rivers, mountain ranges, or other regional features
- In My Garage, cars can be painted, new vehicles purchased, or My Trophy Case can be viewed. This section is where you actually enter the game
- The Visitor Center alphabetically displays brochures for each state, identified by the postal abbreviations. There are also special brochures for famous routes, bodies of water, geographic regions, and more!
- A newspaper feature reports different mini-games that can be played and is updated with information about the lead player
Exposes players to plenty of information about each state
It is motivating to be able to check off progress and earn trophies
It isn't easy to get to the game, and no instruction is provided
How techie do I need to be?
Have tablets available all year long for class members who finish assignments early. They can work quietly on their progress as they wait for the rest of the class.
You cannot go right from the Visitor Center back into the game; you have to visit My Garage and then choose Play Game.
To actually complete the game, it will take a very, very long time! Set smaller goals for class members, such as choosing one of My Trophy Case accomplishments to strive toward.
- Educational and engaging
- Colorful and attractive imagery
- To actually complete all 50 states would take weeks