Airbags save lives ... and combining the Gas Laws and stoichiometry saves time. Find out how airbags inflate using a video from JFR Science. Topics covered include the Ideal Gas Law, standard temperature and pressure, and how to combine mathematical processes for ideal gases.
- Incorporate the video into a Gas Laws unit to teach the Ideal Gas Law and related stoichiometry together
- Show a short video of an airbag deploying and then deflating to create excitement around the lesson
- Learners should be well acquainted with both stoichiometry and Gas Laws concepts
- The airbag example pulls viewers in and keeps their attention
- Diagrams calculations to help pupils follow the steps