This Functions assessment also includes:
Studying function means more than simply learning a formula. Learners must use functions to think through four problems and find solutions. Each task utilizes a different concept from a study of functions. Class members might use a system of equations for one question and then a geometric sequence for the next.
- Use as a performance task assessment at the end of a unit on functions
- Create collaborative groups and assign one task to each group; ask each group to present their solutions
- Covers a range of topics; use what is appropriate for your classes
- Tasks vary in difficulty, allowing for differentiation
- Rubric provides a set of solutions