Typically. when one thinks of palm trees, they rarely mention Wyoming ... yet Fossil Lake proves palm trees existed in this area back when it was a tropical paradise. The second video in a three-part series explores the history of Fossil Lake, Wyoming. From the major volcanoes, proof of earthquakes, and even a horse, the discoveries impress as much as they excite scientists. The series is part of a larger playlist from Brain Scoop on Fossils and Geology.
- Research the many climates this specific lake went through based on the fossil record
- Find other places on the globe that have a lake surrounded by volcanoes and hypothesize what paleontologists of the future might find
- Relies on prior knowledge from the first video in the series
- Presenter's enthusiasm for the topic is contagious
- Offers closed captioning in Chinese, English, and Spanish for English learners