This Formulas for Circle Area and Circumference: Simple as Pie video also includes:
Calculating circumference is as easy as pi times diameter. A short video explains how to measure pie tins using the diameter. It also describes the relationship between diameter and circumference. Using the knowledge, scholars consider the sizes of bike tires and skateboard wheels.
- Have learners bring in pies, cookies, and other circular desserts to measure and to eat
- Activity requires measuring tapes and compasses
- Pupils should be familiar with pi
- Video is on segment of a Math at the Core MS: Ratios playlist
- Provides sample discussion prompts in a separate file
- Includes pacing suggestions to complete the lesson on time