This Formative Assessment #1: Structure/Function assessment also includes:
Just because you taught it doesn't mean they learned it! Use a quick formative assessment to check for understanding and ensure all individuals understand the role of structure and function. The lesson is the fourth in a larger series on body and plant systems.
- Use as an exit card following the third lesson in the series as a quick understanding check
- Collect the results and use to develop remediation activities if necessary
- Requires pupils have a strong understanding of the idea of structure and function
- Follows the previous lessons in the series closely to assess what they taught
- Leaves questions open-ended to give individuals an opportunity to develop a thoughtful answer