This Fireflies in the Garden worksheet also includes:
Imagine a dark sky lit up with fireflies. Robert Frost's "Fireflies in the Garden" instills a visual in the reader's mind of a star lit sky glowing with fireflies. After reading the poem, learners compare and contrast the image the poem paints with the reality of fireflies.
- Incorporate into a poetry study or with a story that focus skill is compare and contrast
- Instruct learners to highlight their answers within the poem to demonstrate understanding of the answers they chose
- Give as homework or use as an instructional tool
- Assumes learners are familiar with comparing and contrasting
- Provides seven multiple choice questions and three short answer questions for individuals to respond
- Designed for Common Core