Apply solving linear equations to averages. A helpful video presents an average age problem given two unknown ages. Pupils learn how to set up the problem from the given information. They see how the equation is reduced to a two-step equation and solve to find the unknown ages.
- Review what it means to find an average
- Assumes learners are familiar with solving two-step linear equations
- Requires knowledge of combining like terms
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Shows each step in solving the linear equation
- Clearly writes out the solution to the problem