This Financial Literacy: Money Attitudes Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
Going once, going twice, sold! An auction provides class members with an opportunity to examine their attitudes toward money. After bidding on and purchasing items, individuals complete an attitude survey and then identify a goal that would help them improve the way they handle their money.
- Laminate the cards for reuse
- Rather than having monitors keep track of the money, provide each class member with $2,000 in paper money or colored strips of paper coded to represent different bills
- To control the possible chaos, have bidders raise their hands or paddles to indicate their desire to bid
- Requires copies
- The four-page packet includes a template for the auction items and a link to the money attitudes survey
- The survey is difficult to read when printed in black ink