This Fill ‘er Up activity also includes:
Drink in a lesson on volume. Individuals first view a video clip where a conical cup is used to pour water into a water cooler jug. Using provided dimensions of the cup and the jug, they estimate the number of cups required to fill the jug.
63 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have a water cooler jug and conical cup available for the class to reference
- Learners must be familiar with volume formulas
- Experience with applying geometric models is necessary
- Includes a solution to the task
- Shows pupils how math is useful in everyday situations