This Field Trip Preparations activity also includes:
Scholars prepare for a field trip to collect rock specimens. They learn how to build proper display boxes, create road logs, and study various geology careers. This is the final chapter in a seven-chapter unit on geology and contains six activities at four different levels.
- Have a geologist speak to your class about their job
- Follow all safety rules during the field trip
- The amount of time these activities take will vary greatly
- Provides objectives for lessons and students for each activity
- Dialogue for critical thinking follows a share, process, generalize, apply, and going further format
- Includes teacher notes throughout