This Fairy Tales unit also includes:
Class groups examine fairy tales from a feminist and a Marxist perspective, identifying how these tales present gender roles and class/power systems. The groups then script and perform their own tale that uses one of these lenses.
88 Views 57 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups examine how the roles of the leading female characters in Disney films have evolved over the years
- The resource has a strong agenda; therefore, carefully review the entire unit to determine if appropriate for your teaching situation
- The unit requires considerable prep time to collect the resources required
- The unit asks kids to consider how fairy tales present a point of view of the values of a society
- The resource does not include a bibliography of or links to alternative versions of fairy tales