Rice is made of starches that absorb moisture, but is it enough to be harmful to birds? In true myth-buster form, a video lesson explains the science that disproves the thought that rice is bad for birds. The episode compares the expanding capabilities of rice with common birdseed to explain their conclusions.
- Ask individuals to construct a letter outlining the evidence that rice is not harmful to wildlife
- Recreate one or more of the experiments in the video as a follow up to the lesson
- Consider monitoring the comments if making available for independent viewing
- Uses experimental evidence to support claims
- Considers different variations of rice before making a conclusion