This Extending Patterns with Exponents activity & project also includes:
Don't think negatively about exponents. Young mathematicians dissect a fictional conversation between pupils trying to evaluate an expression with a negative exponent. This allows them to understand the meaning of negative exponents.
22 Views 22 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Apply the resource as an introductory activity for negative exponents
- Learners should have familiarity with the properties of exponents
- Individuals must also be able to determine patterns in tabular data
- Lines are numbered, making it easier to reference information
- Includes teacher reflection questions