This Expanding the Universe lesson plan also includes:
When Einstein first heard the theory of the expanding universe, he dismissed it as bad physics. Now scholars learn about the theory and how scientists prove it has merit. Through a hands-on simulation and videos, class members measure galaxies' relative positions and develop an appreciation for something many scientists dismissed in the past.
- Remind pupils that not all galaxies are moving away from each other; some seem to stay at the same distance and others are moving closer
- Be aware of any latex allergies when using balloons
- Relies on prior knowledge of galaxies, distances in space, and the universe
- Includes options for multiple learning styles or intelligences
- Follows a 5E format
- Provides teacher tips throughout