This Eukaryotic Cells: The Factories of Life lesson plan also includes:
Eukaryotes include humans, animals, and plants. Scholars learn about the parts of eukaryotic cells. They design models of a store and match the correct function of each part to the function of a part of the cell. They review their knowledge with a fun computer game.
- Extend the lesson by having pupils create a 3-D model of a eukaryotic cell using art supplies or food
- Relies on prior knowledge of the similarities and differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and what an organelle is
- Lesson best fits as an introduction to the parts of eukaryotic cells
- Includes multiple options for evaluating group work
- Provides a high level of scholar engagement throughout