This Estimating Probability Distributions Empirically 1 lesson plan also includes:
What if you don't have theoretical probabilities with which to create probability distributions? The 11th installment of a 21-part module has scholars collecting data through a survey. The results of the survey provide empirical data to use in developing a probability distribution.
- Use polling software to efficiently collect data for the exploratory challenges
- It is possible to easily modify the lesson so each pupil only works on data from one of the survey questions if time is a factor
- Lesson guide suggests starting part of the next lesson during this lesson due to timing issues
- Lesson guide contains scaffolding tips throughout the resource
- Includes reproducible handouts for all lesson components