This /er/ Word List worksheet also includes:
As part of a phonemic awareness exercise, kids identify and highlight the /er/ sound in a list of 59 words and then read these words to an adult. The activity is the sixth in a series of 16 resources designed to develop the awareness skills needed to detect the vowel sounds in words and conscious awareness of the sound structure of words.
- Laminate the cards to permit reuse
- Some learners with dyslexia benefit from reading materials printed in dark brown ink on beige paper rather than the stark black ink on white paper
- To reduce stress, introduce only a few words at one time
- Although designed specifically for learners with dyslexia, the cards may be used to teach phonemic awareness to all those learning to read
- A scrabble game featuring the /er/ sound is attached to the resource