This Episode 1.2: The Problem video also includes:
Where have all the schoolgirls in Malawi gone? Teen leaders solve a mystery and investigate a problem in episode two in the seven-part first series of Global Problem Solvers. After finding the missing girls at a far-away well, the group discovers a critical water shortage that jeopardizes the whole village.
- After the video, assign individual reading to help the class learn more about Malawi's water woes
- What would you do? Break pupils into groups and have them create their own solutions to the crisis
- Provide a topographical map to ensure learners understand Malawi's location and terrain
- The video puts a global issue in perspective for teens by featuring young people coping with a lack of water
- Smart strategizing around the problem is at the forefront, showing the importance of teamwork