This Epidemics: Modelling with Mathematics lesson plan also includes:
The Black Death epidemic is responsible for more than one million deaths in the United Kingdom. An inquiry-based activity has young scholars explore the rate of disease spread. They then analyze graphs showing data from epidemics such as Black Death.
- Have pupils complete a section independently and then compare with a partner; discuss and rectify discrepancies
- Review independent and dependent variables in relation to a line graph
- Requires a basic understanding of the concept of an epidemic and its result on a population
- Connects mathematics with a real-life situation
- Incorporates several mathematics topics in one task