This Epic Engineering: Building the Brooklyn Bridge instructional video also includes:
Sometimes bridge building is a family business. An enlightening video describes the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge and the engineering principles behind suspension bridges. Viewers also learn about the people who led the project, including chief engineer John Roebling, his son, and his daughter-in-law.
- Use the guided discussion prompt as part of a classroom discussion
- Team up with a social studies teacher for the lesson
- No prior scientific knowledge is necessary
- Provides links to additional resources
- Includes some multiple choice and open answer questions to assess understanding