A typical tropical cyclone consumes the same amount of power as the entire United States. Scientists understand hurricanes and predict their sizes and paths. The video explains the relationship between hurricanes and ideal engines. It clearly describes the development of hurricanes and why they spin in different directions depending on their locations.
- Map the hurricanes from the last five years
- Graph the hurricane intensity over the most recent decade
- Display the video so the comments do not appear, as many are less than scientific
- Introduces the concept of a limit to hurricane intensity
- Provides subtitles in Bulgarian, English, French, and Italian for English learners