With empirical formulas, it's all about keeping it simple! Introduce the concept of empirical formula to your chemistry scholars through a detailed video from Socratica's Chemistry Lessons series. The resource uses visual cues, step-by-step problem solving, and percent composition to clarify this important skill.
- Assign the video the night before the lesson to give the class a jump on critical calculations
- Use the resource in class to give pupils extra practice in solving problems
- Students should be comfortable with mole ratios, writing formulas, and calculating molar mass before watching the video
- The narrator gives excellent, clear instruction throughout the resource
- Great analogies help learners connect the concept with real-world situations