This Elie Wiesel's Acceptance Speech Analysis lesson plan also includes:
Elie Wiesel's Nobel Prize Acceptance speech provides young historians with an opportunity to demonstrate their ability to use evidence from the speech. They work together to analyze how Wiesel uses rhetorical devices and syntax to capture his audience.
- Set aside extra prep time to explore all the links in the resource
- Include in a unit study in which Elie Wiesel's Night is the anchor text
- Class members should have experience with crafting commentary in response to complex text
- To access/download some instructional materials, you'll have to create a free account
- To prepare for the final essay, class members examine a portion of President Obama's farewell speech and the Gettysburg Address