This Eleanor Roosevelt: First Lady, Diplomat, and Activist lesson plan also includes:
Scholars analyze the impact Eleanor Roosevelt had on not just the nation, but also on the world. Primary sources and video clips help form a picture of the First Lady and her accomplishments. As a final activity, individuals create murals dedicated to this activist and diplomat.
- Set up mural design stations around the room for the culminating project
- Project different photos of Eleanor Roosevelt and break down her activities and representation in each with the class
- Requires art materials for the final mural project
- Resource provides web links to WPA murals for use in the final project
- Video clip includes student-led questions for classroom use