This Egalitarian America unit plan also includes:
What does a true American represent? Scholars investigate the equal rights era of the 1960s and 1970s in the 20th installment of a 22-part series on American history. Using photographic, magazine, written, and video evidence, groups develop a presentation that highlights individual Americans, from Latinos to African-Americans to members of the women's rights movement.
- Play music from the 1960s and 1970s during group work to enhance learning
- Invite a guest speaker who was part of the various movements for civil rights
- Lesson uses VCR, overhead projector, and transparencies
- Resource provides detailed assessment rubric for teacher use
- Lesson includes printable primary materials for classroom distribution