Is air making us sick? How exactly does air pollution contribute to illness across the world? Part five in a series of seven about the atmosphere addresses these questions and many others. This is a perfect resource to show during your study of air pollution, respiratory health, or fossil fuels.
- Prior to viewing the resource, project images of air pollution in large cities for visual reference
- Have lab groups research the components of smog discussed in the video and the health effects of each and present their findings to the class
- Learners may be unfamiliar with the substances shown during the portion of the video that discusses particulate matter; provide pictures and/ or samples if possible
- Embedded pauses allow for the instructor to check for understanding during the video
- The resource is versatile, lending straightforward facts to lessons on air pollution, how pollution affects people of all ages, and respiratory disease studies