This Eco-llapse lesson plan also includes:
A balanced ecosystem doesn't mean balanced populations. Budding scientists complete a series of activities to learn about the relationship between producers and consumers in an ecosystem. They complete the wildlife conservation instructional activity by creating their own ecosystems, focusing on the ratio of producers, and primary and secondary consumers.
- Adapt the activity to use animals that are part of a local ecosystem
- Allow time to prepare materials prior to the activity
- Expects pupils to be familiar with the relationship between producers and consumers
- Uses a game to model the ratios of producers and consumers
- Provides links to additional resources