This Earthquakes Living Lab: Designing for Disaster activity & project also includes:
Build and design to rock and roll. Pairs research building design in earthquake areas and use computer simulations to see the effects of earthquakes on buildings,. They then sketch and explain a building design that would withstand a strong earthquake.
- Have the class research recent earthquakes and compare buildings that survived to those that did not
- Research building codes for nearby earthquake zones
- Requires Flash
- Includes an sample answer document
- Provides a vocabulary list with definitions
- The Forces of Nature link for National Geographic does not work