This Earthquakes: Kindergarten Lesson Plans and Activities lesson plan also includes:
Beginning with a pre-lab, kindergarteners trace the letters in the word earthquake and discuss what happens in an earthquake. The lab portion allows young scientists realize that earthquakes trigger shaking of different intensities before participating in a shake quake game in the post-lab.
- Create a word wall of the earthquake terms, demonstrating or finding videos that demonstrate their meanings
- Consider creating the shaker table ahead of time
- The second in a series of four plate tectonics units
- Includes a student workbook for the entire unit
- The packet comes with pre- and post-labs
- Some concepts presented in the lessons are too advance for kindergarteners