This Early Presidents and Social Reformers unit plan also includes:
A unit by Core Knowledge begins with information about early United States presidents. Pupils then explore social reformers such as Sojourner Truth and Frederick Douglas, abolitionism, women's rights, and more. Participants listen and read informational texts, take part in discussions, and complete assignments and assessments.
- Plan to perform the unit during Black History Month
- Conduct reading and discussion during whole class instruction, complete assignments in small groups leveled by reading comprehension skills
- The 19th unit in a series of 20—the Student Reader can be found in the Included Materials or resource 20 in the series
- Requires a projection device to view images, making copies, and gathering other materials specific to lessons
- The unit is well-organized and easy to follow
- It comes with all printables and information to make planning and executing the unit easier