This Dragon Delivery lesson plan also includes:
Consider the riddle of dragon genetics. Young scientists simulate being dragon parents and determining which traits their child will have. Then they learn of a new relative and must determine how they are related using probability and Punnett squares.
- If pupils are not confident solving Punnett squares, review this skill in detail before continuing with the lesson
- Share short video clips of each of the dragons to help students focus on individual traits
- Requires prior knowledge of: genes, chromosomes, alleles, dominant, recessive, phenotype, genotype, Punnett squares, diploid, haploid, and gametes
- Follows a 5E format
- Incorporates popular culture and science
- Provides a presentation rubric