This Don't Be So Dense lesson plan also includes:
An engating lesson relates mass and volume to better understand density. Young scientists explore and experiment with floating and sinking as well as density cubes. Then, they solve how to make a sinking item float.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Extend the lesson by challenging students to explain how a cargo ship stays afloat
- Other fun materials to test for sinking or floating include cranberries, apples, a ball of foil, lemons, and limes
- Requires multiple sets of density cubes that are not homemade
- Easily adjusts to use with lower level students
- Includes multiple teaching methods to help all learners