Are all gymnasts short and all basketball players tall? The comparison of strength and height does benefit some sports. A sporty video as part of a larger series on physics introduces allometry and the application to sports and medicine.
62 Views 36 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Graph the heights of athletes at your school in various sports
- Research the applications for allometry not mentioned in the video
- Uses imperial measurement rather than standard scientific units
- Relates math, science, and sports
- Includes subtitles in English and Spanish for visual learners
- Works well in traditional or flipped classrooms