Does a carrot a day keep the eye doctor away? Junior nutritionists tackle the legend of better eyesight through carrot consumption using a video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions playlist. The narrator exposes the origins of the myth, what vitamin A does for your eyes, and other foods that give our bodies a vitamin A boost.
- Work the video into a nutrition lesson or unit about the human eye
- Have the class research the foods shown to determine which has the highest vitamin A content
- Pupils should have some prior knowledge of the structure of proteins to understand the retinal explanation
- Presents content in an upbeat, interesting manner
- Narrator clearly explains the role of vitamin A in eye health