What works for a binomial also works for a trinomial. The short video shows how to divide a polynomial by a monomial by breaking up the polynomial into its individual terms. Examples consist of a binomial and a trinomial divided by a monomial. Pupils watch as the presenter uses the same method to perform the division.
- Conduct a quick review of dividing monomials by monomials
- Individuals should know the exponent rules
- Class members should be able to recognize terms of a polynomial
- Shows each step in the process
- Uses the highlighter to emphasize each term when rewriting the problem