This Diversity lesson plan also includes:
Eighty-seven percent of people living in the United Kingdom identify as white, and some of those struggle to understand the importance of diversity in society. Scholars use presentations, discussions, and activities to address diversity in many forms, including race. The fourth instructional activity in a 12-part series highlights diversity in race, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexuality, and ability.
- Connect the lesson to immigration, specifically attitudes versus facts about immigrants
- Site is based out of Great Britain and may include content applicable only to GB
- Relies on prior understanding of both ethnicity and culture
- Be aware of any food allergies prior to the first activity
- Encourages everyone to fully participate in discussions and presentations
- Includes a long list of extension ideas