This Discovering the Wallace Line activity & project also includes:
When studying locations of specific species, interesting patterns emerge. Young scholars discover this as they plot the location of specific species on a group of islands. Patterns emerge as they identify the Wallace Line. They then process their discoveries as proof of natural selection and the shifting of land masses.
- Incorporate as an introduction to plate tectonics
- Have pupils read the introduction prior to the activity to save class time
- An understanding of continental drift is helpful prior to the activity
- Adaptable to both middle and high school biology classes
- Includes all necessary pupil materials and resources