This Determining Theme: Reading Myths in “Expert Groups” lesson plan also includes:
Leave it to the experts. Scholars work in expert groups to analyze new myths. Each group is assigned to become an expert on either The Fates, The Story of Medusa and Athena, or Theseus and the Minotaur. They answer questions and discuss the theme of the myth before analyzing the first row of a writing rubric that pertains to criteria.
- Allows groups a little time to research their myths
- Lesson 12 of 20 consecutive parts in Grade 6 ELA Module 1, Unit 2
- Requires creating four charts in advance
- Uses sticky notes
- Lists specific vocabulary for each myth
- Includes teacher notes that connect the learning to future lessons