Systematically check a solution in a system. Given a point and a system, the presenter checks to see if the point is a solution to the system. Pupils understand what it means to be a solution to a system. The video shows both algebraically and graphically that the point is a solution to the system of linear equations.
- Challenge the class to find another system that has the same solution
- Individuals should know what it means for a point to satisfy an equation
- Assumes pupils know how to graph a linear equation
- Works each step of the arithmetic involved after the substitution
- Uses colors to highlight the variables in the coordinate pair